Re: How to use Gio::DBus::Connection::signal_subscribe?

Hi Christof,

Hi,

I am confused: the documentation for
Gio::DBus::Connection::signal_subscribe mentions:

If the connection is not a message bus connection, sender must be 0.

But how is that supposed to work? "sender" is "const Glib::ustring&"
and if I try to pass in nullptr (or 0) the string constructor
complains about the null pointer.

Am I missing something?

Christof

guint Gio::DBus::Connection::signal_subscribe   (       const SlotSignal&       slot,
                const Glib::ustring&    sender = Glib::ustring(),
                const Glib::ustring&    interface_name = Glib::ustring(),
                const Glib::ustring&    member = Glib::ustring(),
                const Glib::ustring&    object_path = Glib::ustring(),
                const Glib::ustring&    arg0 = Glib::ustring(),
                SignalFlags     flags = Gio::DBus::SIGNAL_FLAGS_NONE
        )

I just wake up, sender is a reference, not a pointer. Maybe you are trying to dereferencing a null
pointer...

have you try to do :

  Glib::ustring sender;

  ...->signal_subscribe( ..., sender, ... );

or just let the paramater not set,

  ...->signal_subscribe( ..., , ... );

regards,
nicolas