Re: display PDF in gtkmm app

I use libevince-view (evince-view-3.0 with pkg-config) for PDFs and
other "image" files, falling back to a regular Gtk::Image when
libeeview can't handle it.
https://developer.gnome.org/libevview/stable/

My code in Glom isn't pretty, but it works:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/glom/tree/glom/utility_widgets/imageglom.cc#n321

That's actually very useful, thanks. Unfortunately, the list returned by
ev_backends_manager_get_all_types_info() is empty, and attempting to
render a PDF file results in an error message "Error: File type PDF
document (application/pdf) is not supported". Is there some
initialisation of libevince-view which I missed?

And related: are you aware of any documentation of libevince-view? I
have never seen source with so few comments in it ;-)

Cheers,
Kasper