Re: Compiling on Windows...At ALL

Hello,
I had built gtkmm3.0 on TDM -GCC about an year ago. i dont have the setup to try to build it again, but you could consider my last build

From: John Emmas <john creativepost co uk>
To: gtkmm-list gnome org
Sent: Wednesday, 4 November 2015 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: Compiling on Windows...At ALL

On 04/11/2015 04:11, Jason C. McDonald wrote:

I have used Windows XP 32-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, and Windows 7 64-bit. I have tried MSYS, MSYS2, MinGW, TDM-GCC (Code::Blocks on both). I have built gtkmm and dependencies from scratch on MSYS following two different tutorials, and neither worked. I installed them on MSYS2 using the official method, and then manually built the entire program, only to get a 0xc000007b error when I tried to run the executable.

It looks like you're trying to build with versions of gcc.  If you're able to use MSVC there's a complete build stack available here:-

https://github.com/hexchat/gtk-win32/blob/master/README.md

Admittedly, it only builds Gtk-2 (not Gtk-3) but it should get the vast majority of dependencies built (so you'd only need to figure out Gtk-3 for yourself).

According to that web site it even comes with a PowerShell script that will download all the sources for you, apply any necessary patches and then run the build.  It sounds like all you'd need to do is install the various build tools (Visual Studio / CMake / Msys2 etc) then make yourself a cup of coffee!

There's a pre-built bundle that you can install - or you can run the PowerShell script and built it all from source.

John