Re: gtksourceviewmm 3.12

Hi list,

I've started to look into adding some classes to gtksourceviewmm. Right now I'm facing the issue, that I could not find information on the process of adding new classes. So far I figured that I need to do the following:

1.) Regenerate the method.defs files
I'm using h2def.py from glibmm on the sources of gtksourceview 3.12.3. So far I managed to regenerate the methods using the following command:

$ ../glibmm/tools/defs_gen/h2def.py ../gtksourceview/gtksourceview/ > gtksourceview/src/gtksourceview_methods.defs

2.) Regenerate the signals.defs files
From my understanding this contains the signals and properties, but I have no clue on how to generate this. Any hints welcome!

3.) Add the new class to codegen/extradefs/generate_extra_defs_gtksourceview.cc

4.) Write down the .hg and .ccg files
I pretty much understand the syntax but I'm uncertain about type conversions. For example if I have the method "gtk_source_search_settings_set_search_text()" which takes a "const gchar*" in C it should use a Glib::ustring& in C++, I'm getting a "No conversion from Glib::ustring& to const gchar* defined". Also: any hints welcome!

5.) Add the hg files to gtksourceview/src/filelist.am

6.) Build

From my understanding these should be the necessary steps, right? Is there any comprehensive documentation on the process I am missing that would explain the problems listed above? Can someone please help me with this process?

Best wishes,
 Christoph

Hi Murray,

no worries, we've all missed to push a tag once in a while.

I'd be interested to add SearchContext myself. Last time I tried to add something to *mm I failed badly. Let's see if it works better this time.

Thanks, Christoph

Am 06.05.2015 09:19 schrieb "Murray Cumming" <murrayc murrayc com>:
On Tue, 2015-05-05 at 21:17 +0200, Christoph Brill wrote:
> Hi list,
>

> anyone known then the release 3.12 of gtksourceviewmm is planned? I
> saw that Murray made a commit name "3.12.0" [1], but there is no
> according tag.

Sorry. I've just pushed that tag.
The tarball is here, by the way:
http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/gnome/sources/gtksourceviewmm/3.12/

>  I was looking for an implementation of Gsv::SearchContext [2] which
> still seems to be lacking.

I probably did the least necessary. Patches would be very welcome.