Re: Building from git (without C++ 11)

On Sun, 2015-07-26 at 18:16 +0100, John Emmas wrote:
I couldn't find a mailing list for pangomm so I'm hoping this will get
through to the devs somehow...

I noticed today that pangomm now requires C++11 - BUT...

The latest stable branch (in git) seems to be languishing at around
2.24.  We've come a long way since then and are now up to at least 2.34
(possibly 2.36?)

For those of us still using older compilers, would it be possible for
the devs to create a new branch?  One which corresponds to the last
version which DIDN'T need C++11?  (i.e. a 2.36 branch, or whatever).
It's just that for people in the same boat as me, building from git
master won't be feasible any more - but it'd be useful to be able to
track any future changes / fixes if any get applied to 2.36.  Thanks.

Here is a pangomm-2-36 branch:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/pangomm/log/?h=pangomm-2-26

As usual, I think it's unwise to build from git if you aren't working on
the actual code.