Gtk::TreeView sorting

Hello,

I have created my treeview where every other row has a background color set. something to the effect of:

row0 --- bgcolor = gray
---------------------------------

row1 --- bgcolor = white

row2 --- bgcolor = gray

row3 --- bgcolor = white

etc.

However, when i sort the TreeView on a certain column, the rows background color are no longer correct as depending on how the data was sorted the rows display as having multiple rows with white background followed by a few gray, etc. I assume this is due to the fact i changed the cell renderer's background color. My question -- is there a way to trigger a "repaint" after the sort so i get back my intention of every other row being a certain color?

Thanks,
Mike