Re: how to set a callback function to an icon in an entry ?

There are the methods signal_icon_press() and signal_icon_release() [1]
in Gtk::Entry (assuming that's what you're talking about). I think you
should be able to connect to one or both of them to create a functioning
"(secondary) icon clicked handler".

[1]
https://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm/stable/classGtk_1_1Entry.html#ad39f745e170882bc165f962cce80e578