Re: send a manual ceated signal to a window or widget

Hi,

Have you tried using a timeout or dispatcher to open the dialog from
a separate main loop cycle instead of trying to do it directly inside
 the goocanvas event?

No, I have not tried that. To create a separate message loop/job queue
for that kind of actions was not planed in my software. If nothing else
will help I can do that but I prefer a more straight forward way :-)

Some events might not be intended to be synchronously blocked for a
long time and the library might not be sufficiently re-entrant.
(Because those things can be hard.)

Ups! I never thought about such problems in gtk. If reentrance
is a known problem with gtk, is there any documentation which things
should (not) be done?

Thanks
 Klaus