Re: Why does Gtk::Image::set() not work with a Cairo::Surface?

The description of Cairo::ImageSurface,
says "if you modify anything and later want to continue to draw to
the surface with cairo, you must let cairo know via
Cairo::Surface::mark_dirty()

Ohh, of course!  I thought it was unusual that it would use a format
like this instead of some native equivalent, but I didn't notice that
comment.

I added
   surface->mark_dirty();
before
   m_face_image.set(surface);
and suddenly it works.

Yes you are right, doing this fixes the problem.  Thank you very much
for investigating this problem, even though it was my mistake and not a
gtkmm issue!  I am very grateful for your help.

Cheers,
Adam.