mm-projects and gobject-introspection

Hi everyone,
I recently have talked with guys in #gstreamer irc channel, and they told me about gobject-introspection. I've heard about it earlier, but I've never interested about it, I even didn't know, what is a goal of this project, who should use it.
I spent a some time for reading about gobject-introspection, and now I'm wondering, why don't we use it in mm project instead of writing perl scripts, which actually not working in all cases.
Have somebody ever taken care about usage gobject-introspection in mm projects? If there is someone with experiences, could he share it with me?
Or maybe there is a serious reason to NOT use gobject-introspection in glibmm/gtkmm/gstreamermm/(other)-mm projects? Please tell me about it!

If there is no objection, to start using gobject-introspection, I'm ready for spending next few months for doing some researches, and e.g. porting glibmm project. But I need your opinion. Just tell me: "yeah, that's what we're waiting for! Go ahead" or "Don't waste your time, because..."
Especially, I'm counting on a mm active developers/maintainers, but everyone's opinion is very important for me.

--
Best regards,
Marcin Kolny