Gtk::Application instance quits after calling run(argc, argv)

Hi list. I'm using Ubuntu Linux. I'm working on an application which interacts with the indicator pane. I used the Gtk::Main object register and process the events of my application but recently I discovered that is deprecated and Gtk::Application should be used instead that so I wanted to update my code. I init my Gtk::Application instance with Gtk::Application::create("org.my_application.indicator") function call. Then I call the application object's run method with the program argument count and argument vector as parameters. Note that I don't have any windows. My code worked with Gtk::Main, but I can't figure out why isn't working now. There are some extra steps that I've missed?