Re: get_preferred_height_vfunc for Gtk::CellRenderer seems to have no effect on 3.14 to the mailing list gtkmm-list

Excerpts from Gaute Hope's message of October 23, 2014 11:05:
Excerpts from Kjell Ahlstedt's message of October 23, 2014 10:58:
Have you checked if your get_preferred_height_vfunc() is called?
Perhaps now the get_preferred_height_for_width_vfunc() is called, and
you need to override that function too. It might have changed, if some
container widget has been changed between 3.12 and 3.14.

I did, it does get called. I also tried overriding
get_preferred_height_for_width_vfunc(), but to no avail. I have tried
just setting the value of minimum_height and natural_height to some
integer (5000), but it makes no difference in 3.14 (it does in 3.12).

It turns out this was only a problem on my mac book pro with a retina
screen (hidpi). When I overloaded the function:

  get_request_mode_vfunc and return CONSTANT_SIZE or HEIGHT_FOR_WIDTH

and also wrap:

  get_preferred_width_vfunc (...)

things work out. The return value of the latter functions seems to be
irrelevant. But if I do not wrap it (and set the values to a positive
int) I get an assertion failure upon runtime.

Is this expected behaviour? If so, I could not find any documentation.

Cheers, Gaute