Re: App menu name

Den 2014-11-26 05:32, Phil Wolff skrev:
I'm looking at the example code at https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtkmm-documentation/tree/examples/book/application/app_and_win_menus.

At runtime the app menu is titled "Unknown Application Name," but the win menus are properly titled as "File," "Edit," and "Notification."

Does this imply that something is missing from the code?
I have recently pushed some changes that make the menus/main_menu example use an application menu. Then I noticed the same thing.

I use Ubuntu, which has two desktop environments to choose from: Ubuntu Unity and Gnome Flashback. Ubuntu Unity shows both the app menu and the menubar outside the application's window, and the app menu is titled "Unknown Application Name". Gnome Flashback shows both the app menu and the menubar in the application's window, and the app menu is titled "Gtk::Application Example" (or whatever name is set with Glib::set_application_name()). Gtk+'s demo program behaves the same.

I don't know if something is missing in these programs, or if it's a bug in the Ubuntu Unity desktop shell. Which operating system do you use?

Kjell