Gtk::Widget::reparent(): To deprecate or not to deprecate?

Commit https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtkmm/commit/?id=a502d27364572430c2deb3f0a56cbfb0e5c48a19 adds

//TODO: Maybe keep this or implement it ourselves,
//because the C API now requires manual ref/unrefing to stop remove() and add() from breaking things.

I didn't think of that complication when I deprecated Widget::reparent(). It's an issue only for managed widgets, such as
    Gtk::Button* button1 = Gtk::manage(new Gtk::Button());
Other widgets have a reference count > 0 even when they are not inserted in a Gtk::Container.

How about just adding to the deprecation message that the Container::remove()/Container::add() combination can't be used with managed widgets? Would that be an acceptable restriction?