Re: g_settings_new_full and new_with_backend

Hi,

SettingsBackend is e.g. used by meld to handle loading schemas when it is not installed but running locally. That's why I think it would be useful to have an implementation in gtkmm as well.

I'm currently looking at https://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm-tutorial/stable/chapter-wrapping-c-libraries.html.en to understand how to wrap GTK+. Let's see what I will come up with or fail horribly :-)

Best wishes,
 Christoph

Hi,

I think they are now wrapped because giomm lacks SettingsBackend
completely. I don't know if this is due to a particular reason or
because of lack of time. I don't know either if SettingsBackend would be
much useful, it seems like an "implementation detail"...

Anyways, if you want to have new_full and new_with_backend you should
start by wrapping SettingsBackend.

Best regards,
Juan.