GTKmm: dynamic menus with or without UIManager

Hi everyone. First of all, sorry for my grammar. I want to use the UIManager class to build menus in dynamic way for example recent files. I wanted to find some examples, but I only found the examples in gnome developer site which are not what I'm looking for. I found some threads on this list too, but I could not compile, or understand. It would be nice if somebody could post a very basic example. I also found some examples with uimanager and some of the "Menu helpers" but when I tried to compile, i got some errors. I'm using gnome 3.x so I think that was the problem. I think that those codes were made for gnome 2.x. Thanks.