send a manual ceated signal to a window or widget

Hi all,

I simply want to create a signal like GDK_BUTTON_PRESS and want to send it to a window or widget.

I found the union GdkEvent and the GdkEventButton. I can fill the needed information and now the
last step: How can I send the event to a window/widget. I need not only the function name but also the
context.

is it something like

window->emit??? ( event );

or must I fill the target window somewhere in the event and is there a

app->send_event(event).

Sorry, I can not find any example.

Thanks
 Klaus