Re: Pulse while IO operations...

If you want to avoid multithread programming, you can try a timeout:
https://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm-tutorial/stable/sec-timeouts.html.en

I'm not sure it works well during all kinds of IO operations. The calls to the slot you connect might be delayed too much, but it's worth trying. If it works, it's easier than multithreading.

Kjell