Re: gtkmm 3 win32?

I managed to cross-compile my gtkmm 3 app using a tutorial to compile glade for windows (http://blogs.gnome.org/xjuan/2012/05/29/cross-compiling-glade-for-win32/). The windows libraries that are used there are from the OpenSUSE repositories, which seem to have mingw32-builds of some otherwise linux-only libraries. If you want to try doing that too, and have problems, feel free to contact me about it. There are some things you need to do additionally to those in the tutorial to get things running.

However, my program doesn't work and I found out the problem is in gtk_builder_add_from_file. So if you use Gtk::Builder, and have your ui files loaded during runtime, you will probably have the program crash on startup too. There is the alternative way of bundling your ui files into binary bundles with the GResource API and linking them into the executable which seems to be what Glade does. Unfortunately, GResource isn't wrapped in gtkmm. I didn't file a bug because I was busy, but eventually we could discuss the whole win32 problem again the mailing list now.

I would really appreciate a solution too.