Command line arguments

Hi, I am trying to parse some command line arguments within my program. This is what I have:

Glib::RefPtr<Gtk::Application> app = Gtk::Application::create(argc, argv, "Math.Calculator.Fractions");

    Math::Gui::MainWindow mw(argc, argv);

    return app->run(mw);

when I run the program I get the error message:

"GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: This application can not open files."

The only information I can find about command line arguments is using Gio::APPLICATION_HANDLES_COMMAND_LINE flag and connect to Gio::Application::signal_command_line().

Is there a simpler way?

Thank you.