Dynamic menus with GTKMM

Hi everyone, first of all sorry for my grammar. My problem is that I can't create dynamic menus with GTKMM. I found some information in the internet but it didn't helped. I want to create an application which changes the main menu's contents at run-time but I can't figure out how to realize that with UIManager. My idea is that I use UIManager to create the main menu structure then get references for menuitems like File, Edit, etc. and cast them to Gtk::MenuItem. After that I want to put all together to a Gtk::MenuBar but I don't know if it is possible. It would be very helpful if somebody could explain me how to do this, or suggest an other solution. Thanks.