Re: Aw: Re: wy signal handler could not be override

2013-03-29 15:05, Klaus Rudolph skrev:
What I think is the most probable answer to the question why your method
is not called, is that the default signal handler is empty and therefore
it was not considered necessary to connect it to the signal
The handler in the Item class calls with obj->func which normally should result in calling my
virtual function override. Maybe I have to recompile the complete gtk libs from scratch to get
the debug info. But this also is a very very hard job. I started this but stopped after a week of trouble.
There is probably a bug in the way GooCanvasRect is wrapped in Goocanvas::Rect. That's why virtual functions are not called. See

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtkmm-list/2011-June/msg00011.html
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtkmm-list/2011-June/msg00016.html

You can file a bug in Bugzilla, if you like.
Maybe someone can find a solution? I hope that there will be usable way to get the things work. If this way
is impossible, maybe it is better to remove the topic in the documentation. It is not very nice to read the
examples in the beginners tutorial which are not working at all!

Are you talking about the gtkmm tutorial, https://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm-tutorial/stable/? It does not contain any examples from Goocanvasmm. All examples in the tutorial have been tested and found working. There's no reason to delete anything from the tutorial, just because there is a bug in a class that is not mentioned in the tutorial. Or have I jumped to conclusions? Are you talking about some other documentation?

Kjell