[GTKMM] Handling Items in a TreeView

Hello and good nights to everyone.

First and foremost, let me thank you in advance for your help.

I've come here because a doubt is killing me. What is the correct way of doing a thing? Is the doubt. The thing is a little complicated (or at least I see it that way) to explain.

I'm trying to do a simple app (Yup, I'm a novice) that shows an Image, a TreeView widget and two Buttons. Everything inside a Box with vertical orientation and the buttons within an horizontal Box.

The idea of the app, so far, is that when the user selects a row in the TreeView, one of the button ("Launch") will become available for pressing, when pressed, another window appears. Of course this new window will be related to the option the user selected. What are the options? Some units of my Physics course.

My double doubt arises here.

Is this idea of a new window (a Gtk::Window) being created for every option, correct? How would you handle this?

The other doubt, how should I implement the menu? Through a
 bunch of if's, through a switch (Each row having an additional field storing an integer value representing the window to open) or by some trickery storing a pointer to the method in charge to create the X window in every row and then calling them forth? Or is there another way?

By the way, now that I think about it. Is it a correct idea to implement a menu through a TreeView? Or should I just add some Buttons and that's all.

I am using gtkmm3, by the way.

P.D: Sorry for my English, and the dumb (I see them that way) questions. I searched the mail list till the sixth google search page and found nothing related to my problem, so... here I am :).