Re: How to update both the Console and the GTKMM gui window after running other functions

See here for a timing example. Hope this helps you!

        http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1118227/glibmm-timeout-signal
On Wed, 2013-07-31 at 08:50 -0400, L. D. James wrote:
Thanks Jonas.  I have a basic understanding of what you're saying.  I
kind of figured most of this before my post.  I just can't figure out
how to actually do it.  I'm still searching and reading all the
documenting that I can find to help me to figure out how to do it.  I
have been reading so much documentation, I'm almost dizzy, but still
reading.

It was about all I could do to describe what I'm trying to accomplish.
I believe I have come very far to get some type of definition where
most of the comments are on the same track.  And it's very difficult
taking in all the details.

Along with all the other studies, I'm studying signals.  I don't fully
understand what I'm reading about them, but I'm studying them.  Once I
figure out how to write one I'll then have to start studying where to
put the signal.

I hope you can remember when you wrote your first hello world in your
first programming language.  By the way I wrote my first hello world
in basic.  Then I wrote my second hello world in assembly.  Trying to
get a screen update in gtkmm (without examples) is reminding me of
writing in assembly language.  There's so much to take in that I
almost don't know where to start and which parts is the most pertinent
and which parts does what.  Most of the comments are speaking of a
different part to focus on.  Of course all the comments might be
talking about the same part.  But to a novice in this.  They all seem
different.  After each message I try to take in the gist and start
looking for that perspective.

Once user sent a private message telling me what I'm trying to do is
extremely complicated.

-- L. James