Storing cut/copy URIs into Gtk::Clipboard

Hi,
The question is about the C++ (mm) backend.

Gtk::Clipboard has 2 options: (1) store data which is available also after the app quits until someone cleans up the clipboard, or (2) provide a function to be called to fill in the clipboard on request.

I need to use the 1st option since the URIs must stay in clipboard after the app exits, but there are only methods for text and images: set_text() or set_image(), then set_can_store() then store().

So how do I store() as URIs?

Use case: I (need to) put the string as URI with a "cut\n" or "copy\n" in front of it so that nautilus provides a "paste" option in the right-click menu.