From: Murray Cumming [mailto:murrayc murrayc com]
Sent: vendredi 1 fÃvrier 2013 11:36
To: Dos Santos, Oliveira
Cc: 'Jiergir Ogoerg'; gtkmm-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Gtkmm documentation quality

On Thu, 2013-01-31 at 17:39 +0100, Dos Santos, Oliveira wrote:
Hi,

Currently I'm writing a non-developer documentation for an EBU open project using GTK/GTKmm and next week I
must improve the developer's documentation. I can add more rules in my doxygen configuration file and send
it next week. But we should define together (GTKmm community) which are the important criterias to increase
the quality of the documentation. Maybe several Doxygen's conventions will be required in the GTKmm's
source.

My doxygen file generates a documentation very similar to GTKmm Class Reference but with the Doxygen CSS
template.
But it includes in plus : UML representation of my classes and data models. UML schematics for Calls and
Callers of each function. Functions can be sorted alphabetically or displayed in the same order than in my
source code... so when I write a class, I organize my declarations in consequence.

Find as attachment my doxygen configuration file; It's based on an official example.

I don't think that UML diagrams of calls and callers would be particularly useful, because most of the
implementation is in GTK+, not in gtkmm. Even for GTK+, they would be documentation of the implementation,
not of the API.

www.openismus.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This footnote also confirms that
this email message has been swept by the mailgateway