Where must I store the "share" folder in a GTK+3.7.2 windows project ?

Hi everybody,

The last week, I received my license for MSVC 2012 and I was able to finish my first build of Gtk  (3.7.2) and Gtkmm (3.6.0) which seems to work perfectly. By the way, I followed the Chun Wei Fan tutorial for MSVC and all libraries run in 32 and 64 bits. But I don’t understand really how works the "share" folder for the gsetting.

In my "gtk_folder/win32 or win64", I have the "bin", "lib", "include", "etc" and the "share" folders. If I set the "bin" folder in the windows environment variables, the gtk applications will be perfectly running so long we do not call a function which use a filechooser or glade schema for the UI loading. If I add the "share" folder or even the schemas folder into the windows environment variables, there is no change and it will crash.

In fact, the only way I found to use the share folder and its content was to copy it into the application folder (where is the gtk executable). Even a shortcut into the gtk executable folder to the "share" folder doesn’t work.

So my question is : where must I store the “share” folder ? Inside the "Gtk_folder" as described in Chun way tutorial or inside each Gtk application folder ? Must I set it into the windows environment variable or not ?

Once I have my answers, I will release in the next days a windows installer for Gtk 3.7.2 and Gtkmm 3.6.0 in 32/64 bit for windows vista/7/8 (Stupid vista kernel !!!). I must still rebuild all my libraries with the support of windows xp.

Best regards

Marco Dos Santos Oliveira

EBU/European Broadcasting Union

Technology and Innovation Department

If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by the mailgateway