Re: Fwd: ANNOUNCE: glibmm 2.33.12

On 11 September 2012 08:37, Kjell Ahlstedt <kjell ahlstedt bredband net> wrote:
2012-09-10 15:52, a gander skrev:
Sorry, should have gone to the list...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: a gander <agander gmail com>
Date: 10 September 2012 14:50
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: glibmm 2.33.12
To: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>

On 10 September 2012 09:15, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
There is still a lot of new API in glibmm that needs to be wrapped. Any
help would be appreciated. You can see most missing API in warnings from
gmmproc when building from git.

Could you throw a few of them in here?

I am wondering if/whether I could assist but my machine doesnt meet the package preqs.
Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.33.12' but version of GLib is 2.30.3
Requested 'gobject-2.0 >= 2.33.12' but version of GObject is 2.30.3
Requested 'gmodule-2.0 >= 2.33.12' but version of GModule is 2.30.3

So I am wondering how best to install 2.33.12 alongside my standard installed 2.30.3 without breaking it.

But if I could get an idea of the potential 'wrapping needs' then I could also see if I can get my brain cell around the work involved.

Giles Anderson
So you want to contribute to the development of glibmm. Great! Then you need to install glibmm and all its dependencies from source code. It's easier than it may sound, because of jhbuild. Read the gtkmm tutorial,
http://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm-tutorial/stable/
appendix F "Working with gtkmm's Source Code",
http://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm-tutorial/stable/chapter-working-with-source.html.en

Since you want to work with glibmm and (at least initially) not with gtkmm, you can read the appendix as if it had said "glibmm" wherever it says "gtkmm". The latest moduleset is now
moduleset = 'gnome-suites-core-deps-3.6'
The appendix mentions gnome-suites-core-deps-3.4.

Just to check that I'm on the right track...