Handling multiple "windows"

Hello All,

I have an application that presents a main screen. When the user
clicks a button it will hide the main screen and show another
sub-screen (this could occur for up to N levels, hence N sub-screens).
And this is where I am unsure of how to handle this best.  Creating a
Gtk::Window and calling Gtk::Main::run() for each sub-screen  doesn't
seem right thing to do (thought it basically "works").

So I'm thinking that the correct way may be to create a single top
level Gtk::Window and then add / remove each container (a sub-screen)
that I want to show at any given time. Is this the correct approach or
is there a better way? I searched but didn't really see a tutorial
that addresses this.

TIA,
Kenton