gtkmm spell checker

Hi all,

I am trying to write a small application to edit text and allow for
spell checking upon that text. I have been googling for spell checking
in combination with gtkmm but have failed to find anything but
gtkspell (that does not seem very active as its last update was in
2009).
My application has to be able to run on MSWindows  so I am developing
with mingw. Though I have not yet given gtkspell a try, I was hoping
there was something within gtkmm to do spellchecking in for example a
textview. Are there any ideas or easy to understand examples?

Thanks,
Herman