From: gtkmm-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:gtkmm-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Chow Loong Jin
Sent: Saturday, November 24, 2012 6:14 AM
To: gtkmm-list gnome org
Subject: Re: C++11 move constructors

On 24/11/2012 04:13, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-11-23 at 14:50 -0500, Tristan Matthews wrote:
>> 2012/11/23 Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>:
>>> Maybe we could add C++11 move constructors to the gtkmm classes, where appropriate, inside ifdefs to prevent them from breaking the build when C++11 is not enabled/supported by the compiler.
>>
>> How would you test for C++11? An AC_COMPILE_IFELSE test that builds a
>> class with a move constructor?
>
> Yes, I think that would be best.

I think we should still have it disabled by default in the public headers, and opt-in using a macro that users can define manually.

The reason for this is that move constructors will end up in public headers, and will break compilations in applications that are not compiled with -std=c++(0x|11).

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin