removing data from Gtk::ComboBoxEntryText

Every time the user of my application changes the search from one title to another, Mr., Mrss., etc., the method bellow gets called. Now, the problem I have is that if the user first chose Mr from the menu, the application extracts all the first names in the data base that have a title Mr. attached to it and puts it in the Gtk::ComboBoxEntryText; but just then the user realizes that s/he really want a names that have a title Dr., then the Gtk::ComboBoxEntryText shows all the Mr and Dr First Names. I have used 'std::multiset::clear()' and the Gtk::ComboBoxEntryText:: clear_items() remove all data before replacing it, but to no avail.

What more can I do?

void some::myClass::setFirstNames(std::multiset<Glib::ustring>& _data)

throw(some::Exception){

    try{

        // empty the cointainer

        this->multisetdata.clear();

        // add data to the container

        this->multisetdata = _data;

        // empty the list of names previously added to the 'entrybox'

        this->entryboxFirstName->remove_all();

        // insert the new data in the entry box

        std::multiset<Glib::ustring>::iterator it;

        for (it = multisetdata.begin(); it != multisetdata.end(); it++) {

            //entryboxFirstNames derives from Gtk::ComboBoxEntryText

            this->entryboxFirstName->appendText(*it);

        }

     }catch(some::Exception& e){

         e.Display();

         throw e;

     }

}

This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of its contents is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original e-mail.

Let there come out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and to strive against what is wrong: They are the ones to attain respect and admiration, they are FSF, GTK+, *NIX, SQLite... etc.

Eat Kosher