Save files with correct character set

Hi all!

I'm trying to save the content of a Glib::ustring to a file. I tried using the Glib::file_set_contents but it uses the std::string, and so it writes a non-unicode file. It works when i read it with Gedit (i think it recognize the right encoding), but with some other application, it doesn't! How can i solve this? (Now I'm re-opening my files with Gedit and than save it with the right encoding before using)

Thanks.

Cheers,
Stefano