Re: Why does this behave the way it does?

Kjell Ahlstedt said the following at 03/01/2012 03:01 AM :
> Btw, have you considered using Gtk::Fixed instead of Table or Grid? I
> has its own drawbacks, though. Its description lists several reasons not
> to use it. I've never used it, and I don't know how useful it is.

The short answer is Yes.

The somewhat longer answer is that that's in fact what I started with, and
after a couple of months and several discussions here, it turned out that
the documentation is quite misleading and in practice it's not useful for
this task. I did spend a lot of time trying to make it work, because at
first it seemed to be the right container to use.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR