how to prevent Gtk::Entry to "Pass on" key event?

Hi
I have an application where i use keyboard events  ( with
signal_key_press_event().connect() ) to
control some simple actions nan image which is displayed (e.g.
flipping it when 'f' is pressed)
I also have a Gtk::Entry to type in the name of then next file to be loaded.

But whenever i type the key 'f' in the Gtk::Entry, the image is
flipped (and the character 'f' is written in the Gtk::Entry),
i.e. the key event has been used by by the Gtk::Entry and then been
passed on to the containing window.

Is there a way to tell the entry to "destroy" the key press event
after using it?

Thank You
  Jody