overriding rubber band selection color

Hi everybody,

I have recently upgraded the diary program that I have been working on
for quite a few years (http://lifeograph.wikidot.com/) to gtkmm 3. The
process was fairly straightforward. After making several adjustments
here and there, now the program is almost as good as it has ever been.
But, for the following issue I've failed to find any solution on
Internet:

I used to change background color of an IconView using modify_bg. Now I
have switched to override_background_color() with STATE_FLAG_NORMAL
flag. However, the new function also modifies background color (and
opacity) of the rubber band selection rectangle. Is it possible to
change the background color without touching the rubber band color or to
modify the rubber band color itself?

Thanks in advance,

Ahmet