Dynamic poplulating of TreeView/ListStore

Does anyone have a simple example on how I can build and populate a
TreeView/Liststore dynamically. I had a look at the gtkmm 2.25 example
http://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm-tutorial/2.24/sec-treeview-examples.html.en

The problem I do not know what columns nor their data types at compile time.
Hence I will need to build the column headers and populate the data based on
list like [ustring, ustring, gint] ['name', 'first_name',30]

etc. Any small example would be very nice, or perhaps some good pseudo code
that I can use to get started.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel