my first project with glade

i create my first project in glade in linux ....
please help me create combobox with static text.

example:
text1
text2
text3

I did not get to create a combobox with a static list. I'm creating a project GTK Builder, but the static text can be only in the projects libglade.
I found the article http://www.micahcarrick.com/gtk-builder-libglade-faq.html

In this article, the scientist says that can not be used as libglade technology is outdated and must use GTK Builder.

I also encountered the same problem that my glade editor ate 100% of RAM. Who is faced with the problems of the editor glade?