Re: GTKMM MainMenu tutorial

2012-04-07 05:34, Phil Wolff skrev:

I tried the "Source Code" link for the MainMenu example at file:///usr/share/doc/gtkmm-documentation/tutorial/html/sec-menus-examples.html. It took me to  http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtkmm-documentation/tree/examples/book/menus/main_menu/?h=, which says "Invalid branch:"

By stripping the "/?h=" from the url, I found a list of the three source code modules. I copied them and tried to build:

The "?h=" is a known error. Corrected in gtkmm-documentation 3.2.
The source code that you found requires gtkmm 3.4 (not yet released).

I then replaced the code modules with those displayed in the tutorial itself (at file:///usr/share/doc/gtkmm-documentation/tutorial/html/sec-menus-examples.html), where it says prior to each module "(For use with gtkmm 3, not gtkmm 2)". This version compiled and linked with no errors or warnings (same g++ command as above). Upon execution, the console showed no error or warning messages but the window appeared with only a (properly configured) tool bar -- no menu bar was displayed.
Do you use the Ubuntu Unity desktop? If you do, see http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtkmm-list/2012-January/msg00066.html

Kjell