Re: my program freez when i click update

Hey Mysterious,

You'll definatly want to take a look at Glib::Dispatcher, its a way of sending a "signal" to another thread in a safe way.

If you also need to pass information, you'll need to use a "thread safe" queue, and then once the event is in the queue
you need to call emit() on the dispatcher.

I'd be happy enough to talk you through some basic threading issues with Gtkmm if you run into problems...
Cheers, -Harry

PS: I'm not a threading master, but I've recently wrote a real-time multi-threaded Gtkmm based UI & network program, so some of this
stuff is still fresh in my brain :)

thanks ..thats what i am afraid of , I ll start learn it