Re: Setting exact size of Gtk::Label

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 18:34 -0600, D. R. Evans wrote:
> Maybe I shouldn't be using Label? What's a good alternative that can
> indeed
> be used in a Fixed with a fixed position and fixed size? I need the
> widget
> to be able to display text and to accept events.

It's slightly possible that you would be interested in a canvas instead,
at least for parts of your UI. I too want to truncate text if necessary,
but only because my UI is for designing layouts that are printed like
forms.

goocanvas has some demos that will give you and idea of what it can do.
http://live.gnome.org/GooCanvas

goocanvasmm exists and I use it.

I don't know if GtkLabel can be made to truncate text instead of
expanding. You might have some luck by telling it to ellipsize:
http://developer.gnome.org/gtkmm/2.22/classGtk_1_1Label.html#aef7347ac55e67dddaed9808987eec576

www.openismus.com