Re: Important but missing wrappers in gda-uimm

On Mon, 2011-10-17 at 00:47 -0400, José Alburquerque wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-10-16 at 20:13 -0200, Renato Merli wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> >  I've found gda-ui functions for entrys that are not on C++ layer. I
> > could not find them in documentation, but its on
> > libgda-4.99.4/libgda-ui/data-entries folder in source package, without
> > references.
> >  There are specialized objects for many data types and, its important,
> > there's a formated (masked) data entry in there.
> >  I guess that the use of the generic Gda::DataEntry::create() make it
> > unpossible to inherit the specialized entrys classes to deal with new
> > data types without dealing with C language layer.
>
> Sorry, I missed these because they are not in the documentation at all.
>
> >  I want to wrap them, but i am not familiar with wrapping standards of
> > gnu, and i didnt found the correct possible uses of C layer yet.
>
> I'll try to add them and create a release in about a week.

I've tried to add the classes.  However, they are not installed
publically (they exist privately in the source but are not installed in
the standard places during the install process).  This makes it
impossible for libgda-uimm to use them.  Maybe you want to ask the
libgda developers about this (possibly filing a bug) to see if it should
be different?  Until then there's not much I can do.

--
José