Re: Can a Multi-Threaded GTKMM Application Use std::thread Rather Than Glib::Thread?

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 23:19:08 +0200
Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-10-17 at 21:57 +0100, Chris Gordon-Smith wrote:
> > Thanks. This makes sense to me. I agree that Glib should eventually
> > drop its own threading implemention. As things stand now, the
> > requirement for GTKmm programmers to use Glib::Thread impedes the
> > adoption of the standard - std::thread.
>
> Then this is something that someone should talk to the glib developers
> about.

Glib::Thread doesn't impede the use of std::thread or C threads, and it
now appears that there is now no intention to do so (a great deal of
code would be broken if that was attempted). It is an alternative.

Incidentally, is anything happening about bug #512348?

Chris