Re: api changes on libgda-uimm

On Thu, 2011-09-29 at 22:09 -0300, Renato Merli wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Thanks for your reply.
>   Seems like there was big changes on the entry's api... or
> specialized entry's are out of the lib for now.
>   Is the lib "guessing" the GValue datatype by its gtype and then
> treating it to choose the correct entry for the current datatype  ?
> (using gdaui_data_entry_set_value_type, i think )
>   In this case, will remain possible to instantiate specific entry's
> like the ones for date, timestamp, integers, strings, etc ?

I had a look at the C documentation and I think that, yes, it uses the
GType to tell what data the entry should hold (see the description of
GdauiDataEntry [1]).  There is also a convenience function in the C API
that might not be readily obvious to create entries [2].  That function
is wrapped in libgda-uimm as
Gnome::GdaUI::DataEntry::create_data_entry() [3].

[1]
http://developer.gnome.org/libgda/4.2/GdauiDataEntry.html#GdauiDataEntry.description
[2]
http://developer.gnome.org/libgda/4.2/libgda-4.0-UI-Utility-functions.html#gdaui-new-data-entry