Gtk::Assistant and Glade

I created a simple Glade xml file with a few pages using the Assistant. When I attempt to load this via Gtkmm following the Glade builder examples. The Gui does not draw the widgets described by glade.

I thought maybe this was due to Assistant not being recognized at a top level, so I took the Assistant example class and attempted a simple test to see if I could manually append a page and set it from the widgets inside of the glade file.

example:

"
Gtk::HPaned * PtrHPaned1;
Gtk::VBox * PtrPage1VBox;
Glib::RefPtr<Gtk::Builder> builder = Gtk::Builder::create();

try
{
//refBuilder->add_from_file("ExpGui2.glade");
builder->add_from_file("ltrace_assistant.glade");
}
catch(const Glib::FileError& ex)
{
std::cerr << "FileError: " << ex.what() << std::endl;
return ;
}
catch(const Gtk::BuilderError& ex)
{
std::cerr << "BuilderError: " << ex.what() << std::endl;
return ;
}

builder->get_widget( "vbox1" , PtrPage1Vbox);
builder->get_widget( "hpaned1" , PtrHPaned1);
append_page(*PtrPage1Vbox);
append_page(*PtrHPaned1);

set_page_complete(*PtrPage1Vbox, true);
set_page_complete(*PtrHPaned1,true);
set_page_type(*PtrPage1Vbox, Gtk::ASSISTANT_PAGE_INTRO);
set_page_type(*PtrHPaned1, Gtk::ASSISTANT_PAGE_CONFIRM);
"

When the assistant loads, it indicates assertions are failing with the VBox and HPaned , expecting the parent == null.  I can only assume this to be due to how the builder creates the widgets.

these are the exact warnings I am seeing:

" Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_assistant_insert_page: assertion `page->parent == NULL' failed

 Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_assistant_insert_page: assertion `page->parent == NULL' failed

 Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_assistant_set_page_complete: assertion `child != NULL' failed

 Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_assistant_set_page_complete: assertion `child != NULL' failed

 Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_assistant_set_page_type: assertion `child != NULL' failed

 Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_assistant_set_page_type: assertion `child != NULL' failed"

Besides from manually creating the pages like the example, has anyone else experienced difficulties using a glade xml file with the Assistant?

Thank you for taking the time to provide me some insight and your experiences using this widget.

Regards,

Josh Sinykin