Re: Fix columns when resizing...

You could perhaps post a minimalist sample code. It may help to understand and find a solution.

Thanks.

Le 23/02/2011 10:28, Glus Xof a écrit :
Is it possible to avoid that certain columns of a Gtk::Table attached
in a Gtk::Dialog resize when this Gtk::Dialog resizes horitzontaly and
set them in a fixed width ??

Check out the EXPAND and FILL attributes when packing widgets into the
table. If some rows or columns have their contents set to EXPAND and
others don't then the ones that don't become "fixed" width.

Hmmm ! .... not exactly...

I already use EXPAND and FILL atributes...

I just packing a Gtk::Entry with FILL attribute... but when
Gtk::Dialog resizes, the Gtk:Table columns resize too, and thus
Gtk::Entry resizes, even if I tried to fix the width of Gtk::Entry
with set_width_chars(int)... (it's not very beautiful to see

The other option -I think- would be not using neither EXPAND nor FILL,
but SHRINK... but in this case Gtk::Entry is centered on the cell.

Glus.