Re: Dbus bindings: dbus-cxx or dbus-c++?

El Feb 21, 2011, a las 4:15 AM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> escribió:

> On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 17:13 -0500, José Alburquerque wrote:
>>
>> Overall, the API looks pretty much completely wrapped with a few
>> things
>> missing here and there.  I might follow up to let others know what is
>> still missing.
>
> This is really the last chance for people to test the new Gio::DBus API
> before we call it stable.
>
> --
> murrayc murrayc com
> www.murrayc.com
> www.openismus.com

Sorry for not following up sooner.  The one thing that might be looked at is the Gio::DBus::Connection::send_message*() methods to make sure they reflect the C API.  The last time I checked the C functions had extra optional parameters that might be wanted in the C++ API also (I could be wrong).

Also, it could be useful (to make sure that the API really is stable) to finish the incomplete user bus peer example, possibly trying to construct the Gio::DBus::Connection asynchronously (though I think that's already been tested).  These are the only things I can think of (off the top of my head) that could be done.

I suppose I can take some time to make sure those things are done if that will ensure the API's stability.  I don't have that much time, but I'd really like to make sure the API is usable.

P.S. I've honestly been really busy; that's why I've not been very active lately.  I can take time to make sure the API is usable, but I can't guarantee a lot more.  It's true that I'm working pro-bono for my church, but the work is rewarding for me and it does take time.

--
José