ANNOUNCE: gtkmm 2.99.5
- From: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: gnome-announce <gnome-announce-list gnome org>, gtkmm-list <gtkmm-list gnome org>
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: gtkmm 2.99.5
- Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:19:25 +0100
*** gtkmm 2.99:
gtkmm 2.99 (previously 2.90 and 2.91) wraps GTK+ 2.99. It is the gtkmm-3.0 ABI and installs in
parallel with the gtkmm-2.4 ABI, of which gtkmm 2.24 is currently the latest stable
version. This allows application developers to start using it when they choose to,
without being forced, and without breaking existing installed applications.
gtkmm-3.0 will be mostly API-compatible with gtkmm-2.4, though some
changes will be needed in application source code.
gtkmm stays in-sync with GTK+ by following the official GNOME release schedule:
Bindings for the rest of the GNOME Platform are also available, and are also
NOTE: We want to freeze the API for a stable release fairly soon, so please
do try to port your application to gtkmm-3.0 and tell us about any problems.
* ButtonBox, Separator, Scale, Scrollbar: Add public constructors.
* CellArea, CellRenderer: Added get_request_mode(),
(Kjell Ahlstedt) Bug #639073,
* CellView: Derive from Orientable and add set/get_draw_sensitive(),
set/get_fit_model() and the new properties.
* EntryCompletion: Derive from Buildable and add the cell-area
* IconView: Added the cell_area property.
* Image: Added the set_fallback property.
* Paned: Constructor: Add an optional orientation parameter.
* Widget: Added should_draw_window() and transform_cairo_context_to_window().
There is active discussion on the mailing list:
and in the #c++ channel on irc.gnome.org
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev