Re: AsyncQueue

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> In glib there is the GAsyncQueue that can be used to send inter-thread
> objects in a thread-safe way.
>
> The Glib::Dispatcher is useful for sending events, but not to transmit
> computation results, or synchronise a thread doing some logic work...
> but glib does.

Is anyone interested in this?

Yup I'm very intrested in using it. Unfortunatly I'm not a strong threads programmer, so
testing would not be where I can help... I have noticed async queues were lacking in Gtk / mm though.

If there's example code / something for me to look at somewhere let me know, I've
never tested Gtkmm pre-release code, so Ill probably need a little help.

Cheers, -Harry