performance issue when change label of a button

Hi,

I am having performance issue when constant changing / resetting a label of one button. I have read somewhere that gtk will recalculate the size of its label and everythign else if one of them get updated. My question is there any other way to disable this option  as my application will always stay maximise so I dont need this feature of Gtk. Or any other way to work around this.

Cheers,

Kiet Tran